Chicago Harper Lecture: Inequality in the Labor Market: Causes, Consequences, and Public Policy
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED
Public debate is increasingly focused on a subject that economists have been analyzing for several decades: the causes and consequences of labor market inequality. Most popular discussion concerns the income or wealth shares of the very rich, often the top 1 percent. While relevant, the top 1 percent is only one percent of the population. In this talk, Magne Mogstad will focus on the other 99 percent, answering two important questions: First, what are the key drivers of labor market inequality? Second, how is labor market inequality affected by public policy? The event will begin with a 60-minute Leaders in Philanthropy welcome reception, open to all registrants, in celebration of the transformative power of philanthropy at the University of Chicago. The lecture presentation and a postreception will immediately follow.